Pressure Cooker Tortilla Soup0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“My daughter's favorite. She asks for this as her birthday present, she likes it so much. Keep leftovers in fridge for up to 5 days.” - by Dennis Errichiello
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat vegetable oil in pressure cooker over medium heat; cook and stir onions until slightly softened, 5 to 8 minutes. Add red peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, black pepper, and salt; cook until garlic is fragrant and onions are softened, about 5 more minutes. Stir tomatoes into onion mixture and cook until warmed, about 1 minute.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a blender. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Transfer tomato puree back to pressure cooker.
- Stir chicken stock into tomato puree; cook and stir over high heat until just boiling, about 5 minutes. Cover and lock pressure cooker. Cook over high heat until steam begins to build and steadily escapes. Lower heat to medium-low; cook for 20 more minutes. Remove from heat; allow all the steam to naturally release. Remove lid.
- Bring soup to a boil; stir in cream and cilantro. Remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Crush tortilla chips into serving bowls; pour soup over tortilla chips. Top with sour cream and queso quesadilla.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 484 cal
- 33 g
- 39 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Pressure Cooker Italian Chicken Soup
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.