Burgundy Roast Beef8 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 4 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 40 min
“This is a very simple recipe that always receives rave reviews from family and friends. It's great to serve when you're having company. For more gravy, double all ingredients.” - by Carina
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil in a shallow roasting pan.
- Place rump roast in the roasting pan. Pour mushroom soup over the roast and sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Whisk wine and flour together in a small bowl; pour over the roast and top with mushrooms.
- Fold the foil over the roast and crimp edges together to seal.
- Bake in preheated oven for 4 1/2 hours. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 379 cal
- 18.2 g
- 8.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"This is a great tasting and easy recipe for roast. My kids love it...." See more"
"A tasty version of classic pot roast. I added fresh mushrooms instead of canned and also threw in fresh baby carrots. Yum!..." See more"
"Wow! The hardest part of this perfectly simple recipe is having to endure the aroma for 4 hours (mine finished in 4). It came out fork tender not stringy. No mess simple clean up. There is no wine ta..." See moreste, just perfectly seasoned gravy. I did use fresh mushrooms vs. canned since I had them. I normally "doctor" recipes but not this one. The only addition I made was dried minced garlic. I may try this out in my crockpot next time...but definatly making this again!!!"
Oven Pot Roast
Awesome Roast Beef
Just swipe to see more like this.