Loaded Vegetarian Quiche5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Trying out this combination of quiche recipes.” - by Kurt
Original recipe yields 1 deep-dish quiche
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake pie crust in preheated oven until firm, about 8 minutes. Remove crust from oven and set aside. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, green bell pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini in hot oil until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- Sprinkle tomato slices with flour and basil; cook in the skillet for 1 minute per side.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese in the bottom of pie crust. Layer vegetable mixture over the cheese and top with the tomatoes. Pour egg mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese atop the quiche.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 284 cal
- 19.6 g
- 17.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I liked this Quiche very much.I followed each step but had to subsitute spinach for zucchini as that was the only green vegetable I had.Over the years I have not been instructed to pre bake the shell ..." See moreand by not skipping this step I ended up with a very nice quiche."
"I didn't have the tomatoes on hand so I used broccoli instead. Everyone loved it! Even my picky husband and father-in-law!!..." See more"
Ham and Hash Brown Quiche
Feta Veggie Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.