Coconut Milk Flan2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 30 min
“Use coconut milk for a tropical twist on classic flan.” - by Allrecipes
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 6 (4-ounce) ramekins.
- Slowly melt sugar in a large skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until browned but not scorched, about 8 minutes. Divide caramel equally among the ramekins and allow to cool.
- Combine whole milk, coconut milk, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over low heat. Stir continuously until it begins to steam, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk 3 eggs together in a bowl; slowly pour beaten eggs into the warm milk mixture, whisking constantly until the custard is combined.
- Place ramekins in a casserole dish and fill with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Divide custard evenly among ramekins, over the caramel sauce, about 1/2 inch from the top. Cover casserole dish tightly with foil. Bake in the preheated oven until the custard is set, about 1 hour. A knife gently inserted into the center of a flan should come out clean.
- Remove ramekins from the water bath and allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving to chill completely. Run the tip of a paring knife around the edges to release the flan. Place a plate over the top of the ramekin and flip to release the flan onto the plate, caramel side up.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 373 cal
- 16.7 g
- 48.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is great. I didn't need to make any changes. I used creamy coconut milk, though. By the way, if you can't find 4 oz. ramekins, don't worry. You'll need the regular ones (7 oz.)...." See more"
"First of all follow the recipe... I made this and forgot to spray ramekins with Pam and also forgot to put foil over roasting pan. Pulled out after 45 minutes and surprisingly it was still delicious ...." See more But was frustrated that I didn't follow instructions so I made another batch this time following recipe and instructions to the letter. I also used a trick I do when I make Creme brûlée . I put a dish towel on the bottom of the roasting pan before I pour in the water bath. Well anyway the first batch was delicious but the second was outstanding!! It looked so perfect and when my daughter and her boyfriend came over the next day for lunch they were just amazed. Trust me just follow the recipe and the instructions and you will really enjoy this flan. Thank you for the recipe..."
Authentic Chicken Tikka Masala
Just swipe to see more like this.