The Bleu Monster1 Reviews
- Prep: 12 min
- Cook: 18 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This monster of a burger is sure to spice up your summer grilling routine.” - by Wholly Guacamole® brand
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a large bowl, gently combine the meat, Panko bread crumbs, eggs, steak sauce, salt and pepper. Do not over mix. Carefully form into hamburger patties and softly press into shape.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy and brown and set aside.
- On a hot grill, cook hamburger patties for four minutes on each side for medium, turning only once (never press down on patties as this releases all the juice).
- Remove burgers from the grill and place on a large platter and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the meat to rest for 5 to 7 minutes before serving.
- While the burgers rest, toast your buns on the grill, cut side down, for about a minute or until golden brown. Spread the warm bun with Wholly Guacamole Classic dip and top with buffalo burger, bacon, blue cheese slice and desired toppings (red onion, tomato and butter lettuce).
- For a real monster burger, serve with two buffalo patties and double the blue cheese.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 511 cal
- 22.3 g
- 31.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was a tasty burger, no doubt...but... We rescaled down to 3 burgers to make mini sliders. This was a first for us using ground bison but have had bison steaks before. The flavor of the bison i..." See mores *brighter* than beef so I was looking forward to that flavor in a burger. Bison is also a softer meat than beef so I was anticipating that as well. This recipe using eggs, breadcrumbs and A1 covered up that flavor for me. It was almost meatloaf like in texture. I am assuming the breadcrumbs and eggs were intended as a binder so they would hold together which they did. We made another batch (scaled to 3for sliders) with just simple salt and pepper then froze the burgers before grilling. They did not fall apart and they had that tasty flavor of buffalo I was expecting and the texture was on the money. I would not make again as written - I don't think the meat needs anything else added, it is delicious as is."
Kickin' London Broil with Bleu Cheese Butter
Mexican Turkey Torta
Just swipe to see more like this.