Tofu Vegetable Pot Pie4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“I adapted this from a traditional chicken pot pie recipe since my husband and I are vegetarian, and I will never buy a frozen pot pie again! This is great comfort food on a cold winter day.” - by Jessica
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, celery, garlic, and tofu until onion is tender and translucent, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir flour into vegetable mixture; toss to coat.
- Slowly stir milk into vegetable mixture until thickened; about 5 minutes. Stir in vegetable broth; cook and stir until filling is thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in frozen vegetables. Fit one pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust. Top with second pie crust; crimp edges together to seal. Poke holes into top crust for ventilation during baking.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 246 cal
- 16.6 g
- 20.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I made this last night, I thought it was delicious! Just add the potatoes when you add the onion...." See more"
"I love pot pie and now that I am vegetarian I did not even think about this... made it for a friend of mine and me on a whim... perfecto!..." See more"
"Great find! We are vegetarian and I wanted to duplicate the chicken pot pie of my youth (minus the chicken!)I added the tofu (but I browned it separately) and cooked the potatoes with the onions and g..." See morearlic - I also added cauliflower and white cannelini beans - yum! When you add extra veggies, just be sure to up liquid content (I used more milk and water - no broth) and salt enough. Taste "sauce" that forms to see if you like it - then adjust! I also added some paramasian cheese to the sauce - it was VERY very good! Hearty and fairly healthy!"
Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
Vegetable Pot Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.