Arroz Con Pollo1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 55 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 10 min
“Wonderful homey chicken dish. This is a recipe from a relative in Panama. Fluff the rice carefully with a fork before serving, and enjoy!” - by RPOVARCHUK
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir chicken pieces until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and place on a plate. Cook and stir onion, green bell pepper, minced garlic, and whole garlic cloves in the same Dutch oven until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to the onion mixture. Add tomatoes, rice, salt, oregano, black pepper, and bay leaf. Pour in enough chicken stock to cover all the ingredients.
- Bake chicken-rice mixture in the preheated oven until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Stir peas, olives, raisins, and pimento peppers into the chicken-rice mixture. Bake until warmed through, an additional 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 535 cal
- 20.2 g
- 36.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Made this last night for dinner. Simple easy recipe that taste wonderful. Made a full recipe (for 8 servings) and my wife and I finished about half last night and had the left overs for lunch. Tast..." See morees just like the Arroz con Pollo I used to get in Panama City and Colon."
Peruvian Arroz con Pollo
Carol's Arroz Con Pollo
Just swipe to see more like this.