Giant Stuffed Pasta Shells4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Yummy and easy shells, stuffed with garlic, thyme, mushrooms, and spinach ricotta. Perfect for a weeknight dinner! Add more cheese or any kind of meat! A lamb/pork mixture is really good; get a nice sear on it and add it to the spinach and mushroom (sans ricotta) maybe some goat cheese? Have fun with it!” - by jndeans
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta shells in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir mushrooms and garlic in hot oil until mushrooms are soft, about 7 minutes. Stir spinach and thyme into the mushroom mixture; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir the mixture until the spinach wilts. Remove the skillet from heat and drain any excess liquid; transfer drained mixture to a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese with the spinach mixture; season again with salt and pepper and stuff into pasta shells.
- Arrange stuffed shells into a 9x11-inch baking dish. Pour pasta sauce over the shells; top with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the shells are hot, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 547 cal
- 24.1 g
- 55.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I enjoyed this recipe- made a few changes to accommodate what I had in my kitchen- cottage cheese instead of ricotta, frozen spinach instead of fresh, add chili pepper for a kick and a small bit of co..." See moreoked Italian sausage to the jar of pasta sauce- So flavorful!"
"I made this recipe without the mushrooms and used fresh made alfredo sauce instead of traditional tomato sauce. It turned out great! My daughter (6) got a kick out of helping me fill the giant shell..." See mores."
"This was good with a couple of modifications. I questioned the use of thyme so I added a small amount to the filling in a separate container and tasted it. Didn't seem to work for me so I used basil..." See more instead and it made the dish great. I did add some extra cheese but followed everything else as written."
Stuffed Shells III
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
Just swipe to see more like this.