Amarillo Cheese Fries2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“Spin on your average cheese fries.” - by Mike
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Slice potatoes in wide rectangular slices about 1/4-inch thick and 3/4-inch wide, yielding 12 to 15 slices per potato. Keep potatoes in cold ice-water bath until ready to fry.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Dry potato slices on paper towels.
- Fry potatoes in hot oil for 1 minute; remove from oil, drain, and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes. Return potatoes to oil and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes more. Again, remove from oil and drain briefly on paper towels.
- Spread potatoes onto a baking sheet; top with Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and bacon.
- Heat the fries under the broiler until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with jalapeno peppers to serve with ranch for dipping.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 520 cal
- 40 g
- 27 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good recipe! My fries didn't take long at all and they were that perfect soft/crunchy ratio you get in the restaurants. Thanks for a simple but tasty recipe!..." See more"
"YUM! I used chopped pickled jalapenos instead of the whole slices (for better distribution), and just eyeballed everything to taste. Oh, and I salted my fries when I was finished frying them. This was..." See more a nice change from the usual cheese fries, and I loved that you used fresh made fries, instead of using frozen fries. I will definitely be making them again! Thanks for sharing. :)"
Yummy Cheese Fries
Just swipe to see more like this.