Simple Creme Brulee Dessert0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 15 min
“Rich, creamy creme brulee should still be jiggly in the center when you pull it out of the oven.” - by sous-chef-jason
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk 3 tablespoons sugar and cream in a microwave-safe bowl until well combined; heat the mixture in microwave until warm, 1 to 2 minutes, and whisk again to dissolve sugar. Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour cream mixture into 2 ramekins. Set ramekins into a roasting pan and pour in enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until creme desserts are set but still slightly jiggly when shaken, about 5 minutes. Remove ramekins from hot water and chill in refrigerator until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar evenly over the top of each dessert. Use a kitchen torch to lightly toast and melt the sugar topping until brown and bubbly, about 30 seconds. Let the sugar topping cool before serving. To serve, use a spoon to crack the crisp sugar open to reveal the creamy dessert underneath.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 612 cal
- 50.6 g
- 35.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Irish Cream Creme Brulee
Chai Latte Creme Brulee
Just swipe to see more like this.