Pork Fried Quinoa29 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“These tiny quinoa seeds really are sponges for flavor. I was really surprised how decadent and satisfying this seemed, and with only a tablespoon of vegetable oil and a handful of very lean smoked ham.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Rinse quinoa in cold water for about 1 minute and drain well.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with 1 1/2 cup cold water and salt. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ham, red bell pepper, and the white parts of the green onion until the ham begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Set chopped green onion tops aside. Add garlic, remove from heat, and stir until garlic becomes aromatic, 1 or 2 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and return to stove over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce, and sesame seeds. Garnish with reserved green onion tops.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 287 cal
- 12.6 g
- 30.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"Yum delicious! This recipe inspired me to write my first review. I did just as directed but added some diced squash to the ham/veggie mix and substituted the Sriracha with some red pepper flakes for s..." See morepice. Even my quinoa-skeptical boyfriend said it was "surprisingly flavorful." Will definitely be making this again."
"This is by far the best fried recipe I have found! I tweaked it a little because I didn't have fresh onion. I added garlic salt and about a tablespoon of dried chopped onions to the quinoa while it wa..." See mores cooking. I fried the ham, garlic, and bell pepper in a pan. Then added fresh steamed asparagus at the end. This recipe is fantastic!"
Quick Pork Fried Rice
Pork Fried Rice for a Crowd
Just swipe to see more like this.