Caramel French Toast4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This is a good excuse to eat dessert for breakfast!” - by mikeandjenn
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Heat brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with pecans. Arrange apple slices over pecans. Layer bread slices over apple in two layers.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt in a bowl; pour over bread and allow to set for 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Uncover and bake in preheated oven until fluffy and golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 344 cal
- 15.9 g
- 43.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"hmmmm how to review.I did have to sub almonds for the pecans other than that stayed true to the recipe. This would make an excellent bread pudding. That being said, it is WAY too sweet for french toas..." See moret in our household. Thanks for sharing"
"LOVED this recipe. We left off the pecans and doubled the apples, but everything else was exactly as written. PERFECT! Tasted like french toast and bread pudding combo. Brought it to a work brunch and..." See more ended up giving out the recipe to all. Will never make "overnight french toast" any other way. Thx!"
Crispy Baked French Toast
Overnight French Toast II
Just swipe to see more like this.