August Fig Cookies1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Thick cookies made with fresh figs and walnuts are not overbearingly sweet, but just right. Taste great in the morning with some tea or lemonade!” - by berlinann
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two baking sheets.
- Mix butter, white sugar, and brown sugar by hand in a bowl. Add egg and vanilla extract; stir to combine. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a separate bowl; stir into sugar mixture.
- Scoop the meat out of figs and reserve 2 tablespoons. Chop figs and scooped middles. Fold chopped figs and walnuts into the cookie dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter on the prepared baking sheet. Top each mound with small amounts of reserved fig pulp.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookie edges are lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 213 cal
- 11.4 g
- 25.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious, not too sweet, easy to make. I added 1/4 t. of cinnamon (I LOVE cinnamon!) and 1/4 c. flour on the off chance the figs made the cookies too liquidy - these additions were perfect. Next ti..." See moreme, I might lightly sprinkle sugar on the cookies before baking just for a little extra pizazz."
Italian Fig Cookies II
Fresh Fig Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.