Sausage and Cheese Crescent Squares from Pillsbury17 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 2 min
“Sausage and two kinds of cheese turn crescent dough into a rich and tasty appetizer.” - by Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls
Original recipe yields 32 servings
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll 1 can of dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. If using dough sheets: Unroll 1 can of dough. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet; discard drippings. To same skillet, add cream cheese. Cook over low heat until melted. Add cooked sausage; stir to coat. Spoon evenly over crust in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll second can of dough on work surface. Press to form 13x9-inch rectangle; firmly press perforations to seal. Carefully place over cheese. If using dough sheets: Unroll second can of dough on work surface. Press to form 13x9-inch rectangle. Carefully place over cheese.
- Bake 21 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Cut into small squares.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 145 cal
- 10.9 g
- 5.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"This was great! When the sausage was almost done, I added in 6 eggs to scramble with it. I also added in salsa to the mixture and added the sharp cheddar to the whole mixture instead of sprinkling it...." See more My son especially kept telling me how awesome it was. Very easy to make! :)"
"I wanted to use this recipe as a breakfast dish, so I substituted the cream cheese for scrambled eggs. After I drained off the grease from the sausage, I mixed 6 eggs with 1/4 c. milk and poured into..." See more the cooked sausage in the pan; stirred to cook to a soft egg stage, and then poured it over the bottom crust in the pan. Topped with cheese and the other crescent dough, it turned out wonderful!"
Crescent Mummy Dogs
Crescent Pizza Pockets
Just swipe to see more like this.