Sweet and Easy Peach Dessert4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is a simple dish with lots of flavor. Perfect way to use those summer peaches. It's also versatile, so feel free to experiment with other fruits.” - by Sweet_CarolineS
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir peaches, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt together in the melted butter; cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is syrupy, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 10x6-inch baking dish.
- Mix 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a bowl. Mash unsalted butter into the flour mixture until lumps are the size of small peas. Blend 2 tablespoons sour cream into the mixture; mix until you have a dough-like mixture. Pat the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned and crust-like, about 10 minutes.
- Spread peach mixture over the crust into an even layer.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar, 3 1/3 tablespoons sour cream, and 2 tablespoons flour together in a small bowl; pour evenly over the layer of peaches. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving warm.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 473 cal
- 21.5 g
- 66.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Yippee, this is another time I get to write a stellar first review of a recipe! While it may have several steps, the recipe is still simple enough and easy enough to follow even while you and your hu..." See morebs are making a dinner together with several different dishes! And even when you scale the recipe down to two servings, which necessitated not only a different sized baking dish but different baking times as well. Simply put, this is excellent. First, the filling, cooked in advance of its going into the oven, is beautiful with its little bit of butter and the maple syrup. Creative and delicious, for sure. Second, the crust, much like a pie crust but with the unusual addition of sour cream. Tender and buttery good. And the topping, which left me at first thinking it would never work. Not only does it work, it’s outstanding. And the three of these components together? An ethereal, old-fashioned, comforting, curl your toes, you thought you died and went to heaven dish of fresh peach loveliness. I’ve written so many reviews that I wish I was a better writer, so that I could effectively communicate just how awesome good this dessert is without sounding stale. The submitter suggests this same recipe can be used just as easily with other fruits. But I just can’t imagine it being any better than this."
"This was excellent! The steps were easy and the recipe clearly written. I, too, thought the topping would be a mistake, but it ended up being very tasty. The components of the flaky crust, buttery..." See more peaches and creamy topping were perfect!!! Thanks Caroling."
"Absolutely Delicious! Experimented with guests and their reaction was "WOW is this good". Pre-prepared the crust, nectarine and peach filling, and the egg mixture. After serving dinner I filled the pi..." See moree crust and it was ready just in time to serve warm with vanilla ice-cream. Will keep this recipe as one of my favorites."
Easy Peach Cobbler II
Easy Peach Cobbler
Just swipe to see more like this.