Pizza Crust Fantastico43 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“This crust I developed after many rounds of dough. It has become a weekly favorite! Its rosy color is from the sauce, and the chewy/crusty dough is a real treat! When baking, I like to use a pizza stone, but a perforated pan works well too.” - by MEBV
Original recipe yields 2 pizza crusts
- Pour warm water into a small bowl. Dissolve honey and yeast in water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, corn flour, salt, black pepper, oregano, basil and rosemary. Add the yeast mixture, tomato sauce and olive oil; stir well to combine.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) place pizza stone in oven if one is to be used.
- Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into two equal pieces and form into rounds, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll the rounds out to crust size. Spread crusts with desired pizza sauce from the center outward and cover with desired toppings. Bake on preheated pizza stone or on lightly oiled pizza pans until cheese is bubbly and golden, about 12 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 121 cal
- 2.1 g
- 22.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (43)Rate This Recipe
"YUM! This crust is amazing. I couldn't find corn flour, so I used threw some corn meal in the blender to make it more fine, and used that. The dough (as other reviewers have said) was extremely sti..." See morecky, almost more like a batter than a dough at first. I added 1/2 cup more each of all purpose and wheat flours, and then added more flour as necessary while kneading to make it smooth. My husband just has sauce and cheese on his half, while I topped mine with sauce, thin sliced roma tomatoes, broccoli, and mozzarella cheese. It was fantastico! :)"
"The dough was sticky and hard to work with but the final product was delicious. It was my first success with pizza dough...." See more"
"This is one of the best home made pizza crust recipes that I've ever made. My husband just loved it, he just holds his breath when I make home made pizza because I can never seem to get a good crust...." See more This one was excellent. A little spicy for my taste buds with the quantity of pepper in it so next time I'll half it."
Jay's Signature Pizza Crust
The Best Pizza Crust
Just swipe to see more like this.