Pepperoni Meatza4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“For people that are gluten-intolerant, low-carb, paleo, or whatever, it can be hard to go without pizza. This dish makes it a lot easier. It is made pretty much exactly the same as pizza, but with ground beef as the crust. Sounds weird at first, but it is absolutely delicious and very filling. This is something great to make ahead of time and then eat as leftovers later on. It's great hot or cold, just like pizza! I find that if you make 6 square slices, each slice is usually more than enough to fill you up. Feel free to add whatever toppings you normally eat on pizza. It will taste just as good!” - by Adpatr
Original recipe yields 1 -12x17-inch pizza
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix together salt, caraway seeds, oregano, garlic salt, ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Mix ground beef and eggs in a mixing bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Add Parmesan cheese and seasoning mixture to beef; combine. Press ground beef mixture into a 12x17-inch pan, spread out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain grease.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and turn on the oven's broiler.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over baked meat, followed by tomato sauce in an even layer. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over the sauce and top with slices of pepperoni. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over pizza.
- Broil until cheese is melted, bubbling, and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 506 cal
- 27.8 g
- 5.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This is an excellent alternative to pizza while on South Beach phase one. I add tons of veggies and use sugar free pizza sauce. We all enjoy this -- it kills the pizza craving until we are able to h..." See moreave some whole wheat dough!!"
"To be honest, I didn't like this the day I made it. It tasted nothing like pizza and the flavors didn't seem to mesh. But the next day and the day after that, it was AWESOME. I wanted to eat it for..." See more every meal! I used frozen chicken burgers as the base to make "personal meatza" and topped with store-bought pizza sauce and our favorite pizza toppings. Add a dash of oregano to really bring out the flavors. I will be making this again!"
Easy Pepperoni Bread
1-Dish Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.