Low Carb Zucchini Fries11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“A baked zucchini fry with crushed almonds replacing bread crumbs makes a very light, tasty dish. Zucchini are prepped first to get rid of extra liquid so they do not become soggy in the oven. Like having fried food without the oil.” - by chrisashbach
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut zucchini into 3-inch lengths, then cut each piece into 9 fries. Place zucchini fries into a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let the zucchini pieces drain for at least 1 hour to remove excess liquid.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Mix almonds, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in a second shallow bowl. Rinse salt off zucchini and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip each zucchini piece into beaten egg and roll in the almond coating. Place coated fries on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the zucchini are tender and the coating is crisp and browned, about 25 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking time.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 98 cal
- 5.4 g
- 4.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious! I salted and re-salted these and let them sit for a few hours while doing other things in the kitchen. I put them on a cookie cooling rack over a sheet pan so the water could drip out. I tu..." See morerned them and salted again. I squeezed all the extra water out with paper towels. I didn't rinse them as instructed. I I felt like that would make them wet again. I hand grated the parmesan and used nutritional yeast instead of ground almonds -not quite a half cup. My oven had been on a long time so it was nice and toasty. These came out perfectly! A delicious low carb craving satisfier!"
"I made these for dinners with pizza, and loved them. I'm a big fan of zuchinni, and this was delicious!!!..." See more"
Mom's Zucchini Pancakes
Stuffed Zucchini I
Just swipe to see more like this.