Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“You can't have a holiday dinner without a sweet potato souffle! And this is a wonderful version. I got this from my mother-in-law, who got the recipe from a neighbor.” - by Mienna
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cover sweet potatoes with water in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with white sugar, milk, eggs, salt, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Spread mixture in prepared baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, pecans, and flour in another bowl. Pour margarine over pecan mixture; toss until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until pecan topping is hard, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 436 cal
- 18.9 g
- 64.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe. Have made it for Thanksgiving for years. Grandkids still like it topped with marshmallows, so do it with half pecan topping and half topped with marshmallows. Everyone is happy...." See more"
Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole with White Raisin
Just swipe to see more like this.