Progresso® Baked Ziti Casserole2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Ziti pasta in a creamy tomato sauce with sausage and fresh herbs is baked in a casserole with ricotta and mozzarella cheese for a quick and hearty weekday dinner idea.” - by Progresso™ Recipe Starters™
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook sausage and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to break up sausage, until sausage is no longer pink. Add cooking sauce, onion, basil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the cooked pasta; stir well.
- In small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spoon pasta mixture into ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon ricotta cheese mixture on top; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover casserole with foil sprayed with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, removing foil last 10 minutes of bake time, until cheese melts and mixture is hot and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 529 cal
- 24.3 g
- 47.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"My family really liked this and I thought it was ok...sausage really added flavor. The thing for me, is I make these pasta bakes often and I didn't think the Starter really added anything...same amou..." See morent of time, number of dishes used and slightly more expensive using the Recipe Starter then if I made my own."
"My husband really liked this and he doesn't usually like pasta dishes...He loved the taste of the fresh basil....He did say it could use more sauce though, I agree. I added a can of tomato sauce and u..." See moresed ground beef instead of sausage(I don't like sausage).I also cooked the onion with the beef and garlic instead of adding it with the sauce..."
Turkey Leftovers Dinner Casserole
Baked Turkey Hoagie
Just swipe to see more like this.