Greek Meat Pasta (Makaronia me kima)2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“A staple pasta dish in the Greek house. The cinnamon is what gives it the flavorful richness. The combination of Greek Mizithra cheese makes it even better.” - by GreekMuse
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir ground beef until browned, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, onion, water, tomato paste, cinnamon, sugar, cayenne, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Simmer meat sauce over medium-low heat until flavors combine, 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour meat sauce over rotini; mix well. Pour half the pasta mixture into a casserole dish; sprinkle with half the Mizithra cheese and half the mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining pasta mixture; sprinkle remaining Mizithra cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 516 cal
- 21.9 g
- 95.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"My husband is from the Peloponesian region of Greece we liked the addition of the mozzerella cheese, but the sauce is missing approx ( to taste ) 8 whole cloves and a bayleaf....the only way my husban..." See mored will eat it."
Greek Pasta Salad III
Beefy Pasta Skillet
Just swipe to see more like this.