Jalapeno Corn Bread14 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Wonderful cornbread with a hint of spice.” - by Sheila
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Move an oven rack to the center position in oven.
- Mix cream-style corn, cornmeal, buttermilk, corn oil, Cheddar cheese, eggs, jalapeno peppers, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Put butter into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Melt butter in preheated oven, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour corn bread batter into the baking dish over melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 312 cal
- 22.7 g
- 20.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I just made this tonight to go with the ham and bean soup we made and its a very good recipe....I did tweak it just a bit by adding 2 tbls of sugar and I baked it in a cast iron skillet instead of the..." See more baking dish....I also removed it from the oven after 20 minutes and let it finish baking while cooling on the counter."
"Great recipe, especially for gluten-free guests. I did add an extra 1/2 cup of cornmeal because the mixture was a little runny (maybe i added too much liquid). Another thing I did was chop up the j..." See morealapeño and add it after I had put the mixture in the pan so that I could add it too just half. I was not sure if my gluten-free guest liked spicy food. The jalapeño side was eaten first. It was perfect, thanks for a great gluten-free cornbread recipe."
Sweet Corn Bread
Mom's Sweet Buttermilk Corn Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.