Almond Wild Rice3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“Made with both brown rice and wild rice, this pilaf has a hint of fruity sweetness, thanks to the addition of dried cranberries.” - by Lori
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour rice mix into the prepared baking dish. Carefully pour boiling chicken broth over the rice. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until rice is tender, about 1 hour.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir almonds in hot butter until they start to color, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle parsley over the almonds; continue to cook and stir until the almonds are lightly browned, another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix the baked rice, the almond mixture, cranberries, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss to serve.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 190 cal
- 10.6 g
- 20.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is a wonderful side dish. I didn’t have any slivered almonds so I chopped some whole almonds and cooked it the same. The dried cranberries add nice flavor. I recommend watching the baking time..." See more because an hour would have been too long for me."
"I really liked it, but my hubby didn't. In all fairness though, he doesn't like "fruit with food" (craisens) and actually, really prefers white rice. So, I'm taking his feedback with a grain of salt..." See more. I followed the recipe as listed other then using chopped almonds because I did not have slivered ones. I also sprayed the baking dish with a butter-garlic spray grease, but don't think that added anything to the flavor. I really liked the long hands-free baking time.....it gave me plenty of time to make the rest of dinner and relax a bit. It is a beautiful looking rice dish and I'll make the side again. I'll only 1/2 it next time....that will be more manageable for my family of 5."
"Very easy to make & tasty. We both loved this! I prefer to make a recipe as written but I had to improvise a bit based on my pantry - using cashews instead of almonds. Working with only a 1/2 cup o..." See moref dried cranberries, I added 2 Tablespoons of sweetened coconut (after sautéing the nuts) to make sure I had a good sweet balance. The nuts and the coconut worked well! [I worried it would be bland and added another T of butter (to make it 4 not 3). The extra butter was unnecessary.] Oh! I forgot to spray the pan but it seems ok (esp w my extra butter)."
Best Wild Rice Soup Ever
Classic Minnesota Wild Rice Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.