Stuffed Zucchini Halves0 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“My dad used to make this recipe when I was growing up and I always loved it. Makes a great appetizer or side dish!” - by GourmetLove
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Scoop seeds from zucchini halves; set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add zucchini halves and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer zucchini halves to prepared baking dish and set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Once oil is hot, reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir zucchini seeds and onion in hot oil until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir tomato sauce into the onion mixture; season with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Cook the mixture at a simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 20 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix egg into the tomato sauce mixture; spoon into zucchini halves to fill. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the filling.
- Bake in preheated oven until the filling is firm, 15 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 85 cal
- 4.1 g
- 10.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Nat's Shrimp and Veggie Stuffed Zucchini
Stuffed Zucchini Shells
Just swipe to see more like this.