Southern Pecan Bars1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“They are like having pecan pie in a bar. They are very good but rich!” - by Debbie
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Sift 1 1/2 cup flour with baking powder in a bowl. Cream margarine with 1/2 cup brown sugar in a separate large bowl, beating mixture until smooth. Stir flour mixture into creamed butter mixture and stir in 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans. Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until hot, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs until foamy in a bowl; stir in dark corn syrup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, salt, and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture is smoothly combined; pour over prebaked crust. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup pecans and return to oven.
- Return to oven and bake until the topping is set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pan before cutting into bars.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 295 cal
- 12.5 g
- 44.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"something's not quite right with this recipe. the only thing I changed was I substituted butter for margarine which shouldn't have made a difference. It needs tweeking (so sorry Debbie seriously not..." See morehing personal and if you can help me out I'd appreciate it) but I'm not sure exactly where.... I only say this because other reviewers will make this recipe and they need to know...mine came out dry and I only cooked them 22 minutes and I followed the recipe exactly. However, having said that my husband and daughter really liked them so based on that I rated it a 4"
Southern Pecan Pie II
Pecan Turtle Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.