Baked Stuffed Peppers10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Stuffed peppers recipe that I've come up with.” - by ptownruth
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Chop enough reserved green pepper tops to equal 1/4 cup; discard remaining tops or use for another purpose. Set chopped pepper aside.
- Place hollowed-out green peppers in a microwave-safe dish; cover and cook in microwave until bright green and steaming, about 3 minutes. Set peppers aside.
- Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet with reserved chopped pepper tops and onion over medium heat until beef is browned, the juices run clear, and the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes; drain excess grease. Pour in diced tomatoes with their juice, rice, water, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir cheese into ground beef-rice mixture and spoon mixture into precooked peppers. Set peppers upright in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and the peppers are tender, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 454 cal
- 23 g
- 30 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Super easy and super delicious with some tweeks. After browning and draining the meat with the pepper and onion (I used all of the tops of the peppers minus the stems and a whole small vidalia onion),..." See more here's what I added to the mixture: 3/4 cup rice 3/4 cup water (depending how much rice you like you can add or remove just make sure the ratio is 1:1 water:rice) 1 can tom paste 1.5 Tbls Worchestershire Salt and pepper to taste 2 cloves garlic 1 Tbls italian seasoning Simmer the above together for a half hour. Microwave the peppers for 3 minute. Fill the pepper half way with meat mixture, put and layer of cheese, fill the remainder, top with cheese and 1 can tomato sauce. Bake for 45 min."
"This was easy & came out really good. Usually I make the rice separate & then add it to the ground beef. I like that everything was made in one pan. i did add a tiny bit extra water as the mixture w..." See moreas simmering."
Arizona Desert Flower
"These were FABULOUS! I would recommend seasoning to your taste...what kind of recipe like this doesn't call for garlic? I added an easy 2 tbsp minced to the cooked meat, along with 1/2 tsp of Italia..." See moren spices. I enjoyed the fact that they were not coated in sauce, though they were a little dry, IMHO. I think maybe 1/2 of a tomato juice would easily remedy that....or, add that extra cup of shredded cheese in the 2 cup bag. I heaped and packed my peppers full--there was more than enough to go around, which made the non pepper liking people very happy. All in all, this definitely goes in my keeper box, and after 15 years of marriage, and begging on behalf of my hubby to make this...I will concede and say this is the recipe that fits our bill!"
Stuffed Peppers with Creole Sauce
Stuffed Green Peppers II
Just swipe to see more like this.