Breadsticks with Parmesan Butter7 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“Wonderful breadsticks!” - by jbaggerly
Original recipe yields 36 servings
- Mix 1 cup warm water, 1 tablespoon sugar, and yeast together in a large bowl; let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes. Add vegetable oil, egg, salt, 2 cups flour, 7 tablespoons sugar, and 1 cup warm water; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in remaining 2 1/2 cups flour until dough is soft.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top of dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 2 to 3 baking sheets.
- Punch dough down and turn onto a floured surface. Divide dough into 36 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6-inch rope. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 25 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Beat butter, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder together in a bowl until creamy; serve alongside baked breadsticks.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 105 cal
- 4.1 g
- 14.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Maybe I did something wrong, but this dough was very runny. I don't know if there was too much water or not enough flour but it was a total mess when I tried to make it...." See more"
"These were really good. Very light. Great with soup I think. Thanks for posting the recipe...." See more"
Just swipe to see more like this.