Apple Jelly0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 day 40 min
“Traditional and delicious homemade jelly.” - by DelightfulDines
Original recipe yields 100 servings
- Place apples in a large pot; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until apples are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Crush cooked apples and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer crushed apples to a sieve or cheesecloth. Let drip into a bowl until all liquid has drained, pressing gently to release all the juice. Measure 5 cups apple juice, adding water if necessary to have exact amount. Stir sugar into juice; add butter to reduce foaming.
- Bring juice mixture to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin; boil for exactly 1 minute to dissolve pectin, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off excess foam with a metal spoon.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Ladle apple jam into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/8 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 5 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours. Store in a cool, dark area. Refrigerate opened jellies for up to 3 weeks.
Amount Per Serving (100 total)
- 66 cal
- 0 g
- < 1%
- 17.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
No reviews (yet). Have you made this recipe? Be the first to review it!
Canned Apple Pie Filling
Quick Apple Jelly
Just swipe to see more like this.