Werther's Funny Face Caramel Apples0 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Give your caramel apple some personality with assorted candies and chocolates. They're as much fun to make as they are to eat!” - by Werther's Original®
Original recipe yields 6 caramel apples
- Wash and dry apples. Insert one popsicle stick in the core of each apple.
- Place unwrapped caramels and evaporated milk in stainless steel melting bowl or another 1-quart microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high, stirring every 30-45 seconds until fully melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully dip each apple in the melted caramel, using a spoon to cover. The caramel thickens as it cools so it is best to work quickly. If necessary, return the caramel to the microwave for 30 seconds at a time to return it to dipping consistency.
- Place apples on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Meanwhile, place dark chocolate into a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 80% heat setting, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, about 60 seconds. Repeat with Caramel Milk Chocolate. Be careful not to burn chocolate.
- Apply chocolate and candies as pictured to finish off Funny Face Caramel Apples!
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 568 cal
- 19.3 g
- 98.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Classic Caramel Apples
Cookie Caramel Apples
Just swipe to see more like this.