Turkey Pot Pie a la Kat2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“Nothing beats a homemade turkey pot pie filled with leftover turkey, vegetables, and spices! Sweet potatoes and green peas add a slight sweetness to this version of pot pie.” - by Semichee
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Press pie crust pastry into the bottom of a 10-inch pie dish; reserve top crust.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, carrots, celery, parsley, oregano, salt, and black pepper until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add sweet potato; simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in peas; reduce heat to low.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir turkey and flour until turkey is heated through, about 5 minutes. Pour milk into saucepan with turkey and bring to a simmer. Transfer turkey sauce to vegetable mixture and continue to cook until thickened, about 10 minutes more. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Bake bottom crust in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes; pour turkey and vegetable mixture into crust. Roll reserved top crust over turkey filling and pinch edges to seal. Cut four slits in the top crust for steam to escape.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue to bake until crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 563 cal
- 32.4 g
- 45.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
Easy Mock Turkey Pot Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.