Best of Both Worlds Roast Chicken6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 50 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“Want a crispy skin on a chicken that's tender and moist inside? Try this...it takes a little tending in the beginning, then you're home free!” - by Susan
Original recipe yields 1 whole roast chicken
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Remove giblet packet from cavity of chicken and pat bird thoroughly dry with paper towels. Place 1 tablespoon butter into chicken cavity, sprinkle salt and black pepper into cavity, and stuff cavity with onion, celery, and lemon pieces. Loosen skin over breast and thigh of chicken with your fingers and insert garlic slices under the skin. Place the chicken breast side up on a rack set into a roasting pan.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; add dried parsley and Italian seasoning. Pour half the butter-herb mixture over the chicken and rub the seasoned butter onto all parts of chicken. Reserve remaining butter mixture.
- Roast chicken in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove and turn chicken so breast side is down. Pour remaining half of seasoned butter over the chicken, brushing it over all parts of the bird. Return to oven and roast an additional 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Roast chicken until skin is crisp and brown and the juices run clear, 1 hour and 20 more minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh, not touching bone, should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let chicken rest, uncovered, for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 444 cal
- 28.6 g
- 3.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent recipe - I did two organic chickens in a large roasting pan. One I seasoned as directed - the other I stuffed with the onion and celery but used another seasoning mix. They were both delic..." See moreious but the original recipe chicken won the taste taste. The bones are roasting as I speak - I see some good broth in my future. Thanks!"
"I made this chicken exactly as stated, no changes. One of the best roast chickens I've ever made. Our family ate the whole. darn. bird. There was nothing leftover. Next time, I will double the recipe ..." See moreas I think this would be great picked apart for chicken sandwiches. NOTE: I served this with Pioneer Woman's Crash Hot Potatoes and a simple vegetable platter. This was a very inexpensive meal to make but comforting and satisfying all the same."
Stupid Simple Roast Chicken
Lemon-Herb Roast Chicken with Pan Gravy
Just swipe to see more like this.