Jen's Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes9 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“These potatoes are full of creamy sour cream, cream cheese, and buttery goodness contrasted with rich roast garlic. The texture is as delightful as the flavor combination.” - by jenmannaz
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place garlic heads in a baking dish and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven until garlic is soft and brown, about 45 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and stir in sea salt. Cook potatoes in the salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl and add sour cream, cream cheese, butter, salt, and black pepper to the bowl. Cover bowl with a lid or a piece of aluminum foil and let mixture stand for 5 minutes to soften butter and cream cheese, about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze roasted garlic from the cloves into the potato mixture; mash potatoes until smooth, creamy, and thoroughly combined.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 471 cal
- 30.2 g
- 45.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Oh. My Goodness. This is seriously like the Holy Grail of potatoes. My whole family INHALED these, then asked for seconds. So very delicious...." See more"
"Amazing recipe! I substituted Greek yogurt for sour cream and it tasted amazing! I would make this again. Big hit for thanksgiving...." See more"
Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.