Tunisian Slow-Cooked Turkey Breast2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 3 hr 40 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 5 min
“This is a recipe that is now a favorite in our house. I've made this with 4 to 6 potatoes instead of squash and both are excellent!” - by Christine
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix flour, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, coriander, salt, and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag and shake to combine. Place the turkey breast into the bag, seal, and shake to coat turkey with the spice mix.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sear the seasoned turkey breast in the hot oil until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side (meat will still be pink inside).
- Place acorn squash quarters, carrots, red onions, and garlic cloves into the bottom of a large slow cooker. Place the browned turkey breast on top of the vegetables. Cover cooker.
- Cook turkey breast until meat and vegetables are very tender, 3 1/2 to 4 hours on High or 7 to 8 hours on Low. Transfer turkey breast to a platter and allow to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Peel squash and garlic cloves. Arrange the cooked vegetables around the turkey meat and spoon the juices from the slow cooker over the turkey and vegetables to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 455 cal
- 4.6 g
- 19.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"The flavor of the turkey was really nice.. I liked the bit of heat. The acorn squash was yummy too. The carrots and garlic were not done enough in 7 hours. My crock-pot was set on a timer and then w..." See moreent to warm so I didn't get a chance to test them at 7 hours. If I had, I would have extended the cooking time. My own fault, but I think I might cut the carrots smaller next time and chop the garlic up"
"This is a perfect fall meal. I switched out the squash for red and Yukon potatoes and I would cut the chipotle seasoning in half next time because I'm not a fan of too spicy. Other than that I thought..." See more all the spices and seasonings worked well with the turkey, I will be making this again."
Herbed Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Grilled Turkey Breast with Fresh Sage Leaves
Just swipe to see more like this.