Caramel Corn Treat Bags48 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Caramel corn gets you started in creating Halloween treat bags with candies, nuts, raisins--choose your favorites!” - by Karo®
Original recipe yields 4 quarts
- Spray a large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Add popcorn and place in preheated 250 degrees F oven while preparing caramel.
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil 5 minutes WITHOUT STIRRING. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour syrup mixture over warm popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and spread on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.
- To serve, set out small bowls of your favorite candies, nuts or fruits and let your guests individualize their own Halloween treat.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 459 cal
- 21 g
- 67.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"This was a huge hit with the kids at my friend's house this afternoon. This solidifies my reputation as the awesome aunt that gives them candy and tasty treats...." See more"
"Surprisingly easy, and wonderfully delicious. I used the dark Karo syrup and the taste is outstanding. It's as good as the popcorn I'd pay $30 for the same amount of here in Chicago. I think I onl..." See morey used about 3 quarts of popcorn which left a lot of caramel on each kernel just the way I like it. I popped 1/3 cup of kernels if that helps. I used a disposable roasting pan, and just let the popcorn cool when it was ready; worked like a charm. The add ins are so much fun - it really makes it festive."
Classic Caramel Corn
Individual Pumpkin Pies
Just swipe to see more like this.