Bacon Cornbread Salad0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This recipe was shared with me by a dear friend many years ago. It has been a favorite ever since. As I've tweaked it to my own taste, you may find it interesting to do the same. Some like to use ranch dressing instead of mayo, or dill pickles instead of sweet. Just as with a tossed salad, you may add your favorite ingredients like broccoli, green peppers, sweet onions, or olives. Have fun!” - by five_blessed
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch pan.
- Mix corn bread mix, eggs, and milk together in a bowl until combined with a few lumps; pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool and crumble into a large bowl.
- Layer 3/4 cup crumbled bacon, tomatoes, green onions, 1/2 cup pickles, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup pickle juice over crumbled corn bread; gently stir to combine.
- Whisk 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup pickle juice, and lemon juice together in a separate bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Transfer cornbread mixture to a serving dish; top with mayonnaise dressing. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup crumbled bacon and chives. Chill until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 537 cal
- 36.8 g
- 41.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Macaroni Salad
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.