My Peach Bread Pudding3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“My husband reviewed numerous bread pudding recipes and came up with this version. Top with melted vanilla ice cream if desired.” - by Mother Ann
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix peaches, flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, rum, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and 1 pinch nutmeg together in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peaches are tender and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Remove and set peaches aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Stir milk and heavy cream together in a saucepan over medium heat; heat until just warmed and a film forms over top of mixture, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Combine 1 cup white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until combined, 1 minute. Slowly pour milk mixture into sugar mixture; stir to combine. Add bread cubes; stir gently. Fold in cooked peaches.
- Pour batter into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pudding is bubbling and center is set, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 451 cal
- 20.4 g
- 58.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Sorry, but I must have missed something in this recipe. I found the 1 T cinnamon extremely overpowering. I also could not fit it into a 1-1/2 qt casserole. Did not care for this recipe. Couldn't even ..." See moretaste the peaches or hardly find them in the pudding."
"Looks real good for winter time. I'll try it. As a lactose tolerate I'll use soy milk and soy cream. I am sure it will work...." See more"
Best Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Bread Pudding III
Just swipe to see more like this.