Blueberry Squares2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“A healthier take on the traditional fruit square. Zero trans fats, so you can add your own by serving with ice cream!” - by Janet
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chickpeas, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and salt in a food processor. Blend to a dough-like consistency; press into an 8x11-inch baking pan.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until crisp and lightly browned, 20 minutes.
- Combine blueberries, white sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until blueberries have reduced, 10 to 15 minutes. Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl; stir into blueberry mixture. Cook until mixture thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour blueberry mixture onto the cooked crust.
- Mix 1 1/2 cup rolled oats, flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda together in a large bowl until bread crumb consistency. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until blueberry filling is bubbling and crumble topping is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 146 cal
- 5.2 g
- 22.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I loved the idea of using garbanzo beans in these bars! I ended up not having as many berries as I thought I had, so used apples and pears to have enough fruit. The flavor is delicious! Thanks for..." See more the recipe!"
Blueberry Streusel Cobbler
Sweet Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.