Pasta Sauce - Vegan0 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“Vegetable-loaded tomato-based pasta sauce for vegans.” - by MartyRiv
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix celery, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, carrot, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until the vegetables are evenly coated in seasonings.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is soft and garlic is light golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Add vegetable mixture to the skillet; cook and stir until hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Combine tomatoes and 1/4 cup red wine in a large pot over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture into a blender with remaining 1/4 cup red wine and cornstarch to no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Return blended tomatoes to pot over medium-low heat. Stir vegetable mixture through tomato sauce; bring to a simmer and cook until thick, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 500 cal
- 20.3 g
- 72.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
No reviews (yet). Have you made this recipe? Be the first to review it!
Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.