- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“A white roll stuffed with cabbage, beef and onions.” - by klinnea
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir ground beef and onion until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in cabbage and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Continue to cook and stir until cabbage is tender, about 20 more minutes. Set mixture aside to cool.
- Mix warm water and butter in a large bowl. Combine dry milk powder, sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and yeast in another bowl; stir into butter mixture. Add egg and gradually stir in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough is smooth.
- Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured surface; cut into 4-inch squares. Scoop beef mixture into each dough square. Bring corners of a dough square together at the top and pinch corners together to seal. Place on a baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and dough. Cover rolls with a damp cloth and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 243 cal
- 8 g
- 31.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"These. Were. AWESOME! The only thing I did differently was use 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of caraway seed, because I love caraway with cabbage, it might not be for everyone. I also brushed t..." See morehem with an egg wash. If you have never tried these, this in my opinion is the recipe you are going to want to use. A good stone ground mustard goes excellent with these."
Beef and Couscous Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.