Granny's Sweet Potato Bread3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 2 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 25 min
“One of my favorite recipes made by my grandmother and handed down to me. My Granny made this bread as a sweet treat, but it was great for breakfast.” - by Jshelton
Original recipe yields 1 5x9-inch loaf
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Wrap sweet potato in aluminum foil.
- Bake sweet potato in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk white sugar and canola oil together in a bowl. Add eggs; mix well. Sift flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg into sugar mixture. Slowly whisk water into flour-sugar mixture until incorporated.
- Peel sweet potato; mash into the batter. Fold in 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Reduce oven temperature to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Heat brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Pour glaze over bread.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 396 cal
- 17.6 g
- 58 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"okay. haven't had a chance to actually taste it yet but i just finished glazing the bread. a few little annoyances i had with the recipe were: i could not get the butter and brown sugar to actually tu..." See morern into a glaze as written so I added another tsp of butter; still no glaze action. then I added a small amount of water the pow! we have glaze. I stirred vigorously for about a minute until it started to caramelize, then poured it over the bread and added the pecan to the top. thought it would make it more visually attractive and it did."
"I made muffins instead of bread and it was amazing they lasted two days. I also added just a dash of ginger, put walnuts and brown sugar(not melted) on top instead of the inside...." See more"
Sweet Potato Bread I
Sweet Potato and Coconut Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.