Roasted Acorn Squash Soup11 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“Mellow acorn squash is roasted and blended with other ingredients to create a smooth and delicious soup.” - by FutureChefShay
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Put squash into a baking dish with the cut side down. Pour enough water into the baking dish to cover the bottom.
- Bake in preheated oven until the flesh of the squash is easily pricked with a fork, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool until squash can be handled. Scoop flesh into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot, and garlic in melted butter until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour chicken stock into the pot; add the squash.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth and return to pot.
- Stir half-and-half, nutmeg, and cinnamon through the blended soup; season with salt and pepper. Thin the soup with water if desired.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 155 cal
- 7.5 g
- 21 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"This was a tasty recipe--but I'll warn you right now, I revised it for a slow cooker only because I don't do ovens when the temps are still in the triple digits (like they are in Phoenix right now). ..." See moreI made 1/2 the batch. I washed the whole acorn squash then set it in a 5 qt. slow cooker and turned to low for 8 hours. I let the squash cool to handle then peeled and seeded it. I followed the rest of the recipe except I used 1 cup of 2% milk instead of half'n'half and pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon/nutmeg mixture."
"I made this for 17 people on Thanksgiving, and it was a hit! I used 2 acorn squash and 2 butternut squash and increased the other ingredients accordingly. The only change I made was 2% milk instead ..." See moreof half'n'half. Delicious! The leftovers were a popular choice for lunch and dinner the next day. It was just as good left-over as it was fresh, and it was good served cold as well as hot."
Butternut Squash Soup with a Kick
Roasted Acorn Squash Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.