Easy Shrimp and Asparagus Quiche2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This recipe uses a store-bought pie crust to save time. Prep time is about 15 minutes.” - by Melanie
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch quiche
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour egg whites, eggs, and cottage cheese into a blender; pulse several times to mix and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir asparagus and onion until asparagus is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and black pepper; cook in hot oil until they turn pink and are no longer translucent in the center, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate and spread shrimp into the crust; top with asparagus mixture. Pour cottage cheese mixture over vegetables and shrimp. Spread Monterey Jack cheese over the top of the quiche. Sprinkle green onions over cheese.
- Bake quiche in the preheated oven until cheese topping is lightly browned and the quiche is set in the center, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 354 cal
- 20.6 g
- 16.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Very good recipe but we did follow previous review instructions as to not blend the eggs & cottage cheese) and we used about 1/2 bunch of asparagus since it overflowed the first time we prepared thi..." See mores dish. Being from south Louisiana, we will try crawfish instead of shrimp next time."
"This is really good! I cooked the shrimp in a little sesame oil, salt and pepper which gave it a nice Asian flavor. I also cooked the shrimp with the asparagus and onion after the asparagus was coo..." See moreked. One issue, do not put the cheese on until the last 10 or 15 minutes. At such a high temperature, after an hour, the cheese will either burn or turn into a hard brown shell. Not very pleasant. The temperature is needed to cook the quiche right but leave the cheese to the very last moment. Next time, I might not put the cottage cheese or eggs in the blender since the curds provide a nice texture. Good recipe though thanks!"
Salmon and Asparagus Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.