Chicken and Cheddar Biscuits3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 6 hr
- Ready In: 6 hr 30 min
“This homey comfort-food chicken and veggie dish features easy-prep Cheddar biscuits.” - by Busy Mom
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Stir potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, sage, salt, and black pepper together in a 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetable mixture and place chicken thighs into the cooker. Pour chicken broth over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover, set cooker to Low, and cook until vegetables and chicken are tender and sauce has thickened, 6 to 7 hours. If preferred, set cooker to High and cook 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving time, preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Stir biscuit mix and Cheddar cheese in a bowl until thoroughly combined; mix in milk. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead 10 times. Roll dough out into a 1/2-inch thick circle and cut out biscuits with a floured 3-inch biscuit cutter. Reroll scraps as needed. Arrange biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While biscuits are baking, remove chicken thighs from slow cooker and let stand until cool enough to handle. Strip meat off the bones and coarsely chop; discard bones. Return chicken meat to the slow cooker; stir in peas and cream cheese until cream cheese has melted and sauce is creamy. Cook for 10 more minutes. Serve with Cheddar biscuits.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 421 cal
- 18.9 g
- 40.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made this nearly as written, and according to my family, we have a "keeper." I did not add the peas only because I didn't have them on hand, and I did substitute lower-fat cream cheese. I subsitut..." See moreed 1/3 cup of the chicken broth with home made white wine because I wanted to use it up. I had chicken breasts on hand, and since we like white meat better, we would not use thighs. I think these changes were insignificant, however, to the overall flavor. This wasn't overly rich, and we liked the choices of herbs; it didn't have that "dried dressing mix" flavor of similar recipes. There wasn't too much preparation, and it was easy. I will make this again. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Followed the recipe pretty faithfully and I thought it was definitely good, but way too heavy on the herbs for me. The thyme and sage just completely overpowered any other flavor to this. I would reco..." See moremmend halving them or trying your own blend. And yes basically this comes out as chicken pot pie without the crust (that's what the biscuits are for) :)"
Cheddar Baked Chicken
Cheddar Broccoli and Chicken Casserole from Country Crock(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.