Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting (The World's Best!)23 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“After getting this recipe from a friend, I have made them over 100 times for family and friends and they are always a hit, especially around Halloween and Thanksgiving! As far as the spices go, less is more; this is not a full-on pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread/cake. They're light and moist cookies with a taste of fall in every bite!” - by Sabattis
Original recipe yields 3 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and ginger together in a bowl. Beat 1 cup butter, white sugar, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and egg with an electric mixer in a separate large bowl, beating until mixture is smooth. Beat in pumpkin puree. Gradually stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture. Batter will be moist.
- Spoon batter by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on sheets before removing to finish cooling on waxed paper.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft and creamy. Beat in confectioners' sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Frost cooled cookies with cream cheese frosting.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 152 cal
- 7.5 g
- 20.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"So good! These are like eating the top of a cupcake (the best part). They go great with a cup of coffee. I did add 1/2 t. of kosher salt to the dry ingredients and I'm glad I did...." See more"
"They turned out great - beware of under-cooking them, but the flavor is great and they're very moist and cake-like. Yum!..." See more"
Pumpkin Cookies V
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.