Grilled Sausage with Pepperonatta0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“We took a cooking class and learned this recipe. We LOVE it! Roasting the peppers gives it a rustic, slightly smoky layer of flavor. We serve it on top of Allrecipes' 'Pasta with Fennel and Onions,' for an Italian family feast!” - by TeamBeatse
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Roast red, yellow, and orange bell peppers on the preheated grill until blackened on all sides, about 15 minutes. Turn peppers as they blacken. Transfer peppers to a large resealable plastic bag and close the bag; set peppers aside until cool. Strip off and discard the skins, remove stems and seeds, and dice the peppers.
- Cook sausages on the grill until browned and no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of a sausage should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onion until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add diced peppers to the onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Slice cooked sausages on the diagonal into bite-size pieces and stir into the onion and peppers.
- Raise heat to medium-high and stir in red wine and oregano. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until the red wine has reduced by one third, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 316 cal
- 24.3 g
- 8.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
Grilled Sausage and Pepper Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.