Classic Beef Stuffed Peppers7 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Stuffed red bell peppers are filled with savory beef and rice and baked with prepared spaghetti sauce for a hearty dish that doesn't need a lot of preparation.” - by Barry
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook red bell peppers in the boiling water until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse peppers with cold water.
- Stir eggs, 3 cups of spaghetti sauce, instant rice, onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper together in a bowl. Crumble ground beef into the mixture and stir until ground beef is thoroughly combined with sauce and rice mixture.
- Stand peppers in a large baking dish and fill each pepper with beef mixture. Pour 2 cups spaghetti sauce over the peppers. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are tender, the filling is set, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the middle of a pepper reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), 55 to 60 minutes. Uncover and top each pepper with 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 595 cal
- 25.7 g
- 53.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"These were delicious. I sliced mine in half instead of stuffing the whole pepper, which is what I usually do. I did this just for looks but they were wonderful. One little side note though...." See more"
"I mixed Ground Turkey with Beef and omitted the sauce on top. I also skipped the boiling the bell peppers step and everything turned out great. Very tasty and next time I will add some cheese to the m..." See moreeat mixture."
Healthier Stuffed Peppers
Millet and Beef Stuffed Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.