Six Feet Under Dip0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I made this a couple of weeks ago for a Halloween party and it was a pretty big hit! It's also pretty versatile as far as ingredients, as long as you put the green onions on top to mimic grass on a grave. You can use low-fat or reduced-sodium ingredients and it is still 'to die for!'” - by *mis
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until softened and slightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Add ground beef, taco seasoning, and garlic. Cook and stir until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in water and simmer until beef mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Arrange the cut tortillas on a shallow baking sheet.
- Toast tortilla in the preheated oven until stiff enough to stand up as 'tombstones' in the dip, about 5 minutes per side. Brush toasted tortilla with melted butter and sprinkle with chili powder. Tap off any excess powder.
- Spread refried beans into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Mix sour cream and salsa together in a small bowl; spread over refried beans. Sprinkle ground beef mixture atop salsa-sour cream layer. Top with a black bean layer; spread Cheddar cheese into a layer. Add green onions and cilantro as the top 'grass' layer. Arrange tortilla 'tombstones' in the 'grass'.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 274 cal
- 13.1 g
- 23.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Beefy Taco Dip
Layered Ranch Taco Dip
Just swipe to see more like this.