Vanilla Chai Buttercream Frosting2 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Ready In: 5 min
“Bring the spicy, comforting flavors of chai tea to traditional buttercream frosting.” - by Spice Islands®
Original recipe yields 2 cups
- Pour the half and half into a microwave safe mug and heat in microwave for 45 seconds.
- Remove the mug from the microwave and place the tea bag in the mug to steep.
- Mix butter for one minute with electric mixer on medium speed. Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves and vanilla extract. Mix at low speed. After powdered sugar is incorporated into the butter, increase speed to medium and add the tea infused half and half.
- Add additional powder sugar if frosting needs a stiffer consistency.
- Use immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to one month.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 603 cal
- 23.9 g
- 100.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is one of the best frostings I have ever had. I wasn't sure what kind of cake to put it on so I used a french vanilla cake and added a little cardamom to mix. It is delicious. I think I am going ..." See moreto put it on cinnamon rolls next. Try it you won't be disappointed."
Beau Monde Dip
Savory Pear Vanilla Wontons
Just swipe to see more like this.