Fiesta Tater Tot® Casserole7 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“We invented this recipe one night after one of us wanted Tater Tot® casserole for supper, while the other wanted Mexican...It's SUPER easy and SUPER yummy! Baking the Tater Tots® before layering may be unnecessary but we wanted to make sure they had a chance to crisp up. The whole family LOVED this dish! Hope you do too!” - by 2macs114
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in ground beef, green onion, and 1/2 package taco seasoning. Cook and stir mixture until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Combine remaining taco seasoning mix with tomato soup, nacho cheese soup, and milk in a saucepan; heat soup mixture until just boiling.
- Layer potato nuggets in the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potato nuggets begin to crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon ground beef mixture over potato nuggets; pour in soup mixture.
- Bake until soup mixture is bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle casserole with Mexican cheese blend; bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 500 cal
- 29.9 g
- 41.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Ok: I totally "get" this...a twist between Mexican nachos and typical tater tot hot dish. Made as directed and pretty good. My mind couldn't quite process the upside down (or reversed) baking of this ..." See morecasserole but it was good. I totally plan to try again with the following changes. 1) place beef on bottom per normal. 2) in place of your typical green beans (as the 2nd "layer" I will try...maybe a can of chili beans or black beans...we'll see what's in my pantry. 3) pour half the sauce over the meat/beans, layer tots and pour remaining sauce over all. Bake for the normal hour or so as I am used to but will still achieve the Mexican twist goal. Fun and worth a try. Thank you for the great idea."
"Hubby really liked. I didn't have nacho cheese soup on hand, so I used a cheddar cheese soup that I had instead. I also added a can of chopped green chilis and black olives. Pretty good, may become..." See more a regular item for our dinner menu."
Tater Tot Taco Casserole
Savory Tater Tot Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.