Mexican Lasagna - No Lasagna Noodles!9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a traditional dish in my family. Anyone can make it really. It is composed of traditional Mexican ingredients layered over the top of one another in a lasagna-like fashion (hence the name) but has little similarity to lasagna, so lasagna haters have no fear!” - by LoLaBelle
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in ground beef. Cook and stir until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease. Add water and taco seasoning; cook and stir until mixture has thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange 3 tortillas in the bottom of the casserole dish; spread about half the can of refried beans and half the ground beef atop the tortilla layer. Sprinkle 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese over ground beef layer. Arrange 3 more tortillas over the cheese. Spread in the remaining 1/2 can refried beans and half the jar of taco sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese. Arrange 3 more tortillas and top with remaining ground beef and 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese. Top with last 3 tortillas and remaining 1/2 jar taco sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top tortilla layer begins to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese over lasagna.
- Turn on oven's broiler.
- Place lasagna under the broiler until Colby-Jack cheese is melted and bubbling, 3 to 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 368 cal
- 19.9 g
- 27.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"We made this for dinner, made our own little tweeks but its great! oh and EASY!!! Who doesnt love easy right. Just put in whetever you love in you taco/burrito and heat in oven, done! Make some mexica..." See moren rice on side, yummy!!"
"This was an excellent recipe! The only thing that was tweaked was I added onions, jalapenos, and tomatoes to the meat while it was cooking, and a garnish of cilantro. Sour cream is a must...." See more"
Mexican Lasagna Chip Dip
Mexican Lasagna with Cactus
Just swipe to see more like this.